Tailgate Latch Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2500julian

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have the 05 facelift model. I've recently noticed that the lower rear tailgate section has a couple of loose screws which I can only tighten by inserting a finger and manually tighten between each and very journey.

I guess there are bolts attcahed to these screws but I am unable to either see them or know how to get to them.

Does anyone know how to gain access to the rear section as there appears to be a solid plastic strip runing across the top which may simply "pop" off if I use a screwdriver or similar - don;t want to break it though. Then there is also the rear carpeted section which needs to be removed.

Any ideas greatly appreciated as I'm stuck in all day today and wanted to get this fixed rather than pay the local dealer.

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure on this without seeing the issue... Photo maybe?

xinto_3

Reaction score
Same problem, possible solution?

I'm having the same problem with my '06 RR. I noticed it has torx screws in it and am not sure if there are bolts underneath, but I'm betting there are. I've already lost one of the screws and may have to get a replacement. Find the right type of screwdriver for the head of this special screw and try tightening it as much as possible and see how long it lasts. I hand tightened both one time and they lasted about 2 weeks, so maybe tool tightening may be a more permanent fix. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM