temperature wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I understand it when you turn the temperature wheel all the way to the right or left it should blow at maximum strength.
Mine does not do that.
Has anyone had this happen and what was the cure.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Disco II used to do similar things..
What I would do then I would reset the climate control by switching to C and back to F
One could do it by:

Turn the ignition on.
With the climate control turned on, push and hold the recirculation button in. While holding the button in, push and hold the off button in for 3 seconds or until you hear a beep.
The display should then change to “F”. Follow these same steps to change your read-out to Celsius , if preferred.

Then all would go back to norm

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured that to get maximum cooling or heating via temperature knobs you need to turn both left and right knobs all the way to the same max/min temperature setting. Turning one knob only to the max is not going to get the effect you desire, it must be some sort of software conflict or limitation between climate control zones. Also, on max cold the system should automatically put the VAC in recirculation mode and blow all cold air from the upper dash vents directed to the face. On maximum heat, the system should select fresh air (in case recirculation was selected) and blow all hot air from the footwell vents.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a max 5 degree temp difference possible between left and right controls - if you try to go past that, the system will not initiate max airflow

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM