Terrain response settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyatnu82

Reaction score
Is there any speed limitations on the terrain settings?
Because I was wondering if when driving on the highway in winter weather should I keep it in the normal terrain setting or change it to the wet/slippery setting, even when driving 50-60mph?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No speed limitations. If you are in winter weather, enough to where you want the more sensitive throttle response and the traction settings to be more cautious then grass gravel snow is fine all the time.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speeds of 50-60 mph in snow is asking for trouble. Traction control will only add a sense of stability, until its gone. I'm amused at the new vehicles that all sport some form of traction control, resting comfortably with the older vehicles, off the road or hillside and down an embankment.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obviously you will only be going 60mph on a cleared highway in winter conditions when the road allows for it. But when you turn off to a secondary road or your own driveway or somewhere else, you may very well enjoy the benefits of snow mode.

If the roads a generally bad, ill leave it in snow mode, even if I get up to 65 on some clear highway. If the roads are generally clear, I put it in normal because I prefer the crisp throttle response and pulling away from a stop.

You can't say 60mph in snow mode is bad as a blanket statement.. the situation dictates its use. Don't over generalize.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleared highways in the winter can be more treacherous than a road with snow on it. I can generalize that 60mph on ice and snow can be an issue. I'm a Midwest driver. Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Dakotas and Montana experience is my reference point.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speeds of 50-60 mph in snow is asking for trouble. Traction control will only add a sense of stability, until its gone. I'm amused at the new vehicles that all sport some form of traction control, resting comfortably with the older vehicles, off the road or hillside and down an embankment.

LOL...that's cute. Let us know when your ****** drop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM