The Best LR3 All Season/Terrain Tire Thread of 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's up guys. I know there have been a million threads on this subject, but what are people putting on the LR3 these days in 2013? I'm looking to get something that's good for highway, good in rain and snow as well. Anyone have anything good they can recommend for a stock LR3?

Also, is 265/60/18 still pretty much the way to go? Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started with the cooper all terrains & was happy with the performance. The sidewalls split after a few years so I replaced them with Nittos. Both are quiet & seem to work well offroad, but I think the coopers had the edge in performance. I'd like to go with BFG mud terrain next time - deeper tread & I know from experience with them on another vehicle- they are actualy pretty quiet on the highway. Unfortunately I don't think they're made in the correct size.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have put about 75,000 miles on my Michelin Synchrones. Totally road-biased, but they wear like iron.

Since I only drive about 7500 miles per year these days (half of which get put on my MT/Rs on 18" rims) my 19" rims are gonna be mounted with Nokian Hakkapaliitas this Fall when I retire the Michelins.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love Nitto Terra Grapplers...got them on my Jeep and LR3. Great in snow/ice. Quiet, ride nice....not the longest lasting I bet nor the least expensive, but perform awesome. Would buy again.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo Open Country A/T are pretty good as well.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Falken Ziex S/TZ04 and the price is right been running them for 6 months and have no complaints.

Skunkape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the stock tire size, Pirelli Scorpion ATR are fantastic quiet, decent in snow.
If we do this right every possible tire will be mentioned.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will stick with Nokian tires and I would go for new Rotiiva A/T .It was awarded highly by many European magazines and it is also rated for severe snow.265 60 18 will be my next purchase if it comes to stock everyday tire.
After wearing nokian WRG2,s for over 50 000 miles and still going strong I am hooked on this brand...

Trynian

Reaction score
I second the silent armors for all-a-around performance for what you describe you are looking for.

For heavier off-road I am a BFG user just for the heavy sidewalls they have. Can't see to blow one no matter how hard I thrash them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9