The Best LR3 All Season/Terrain Tire Thread of 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

san6279

Reaction score
Yeah, the Scorprion ATRs would probably be my other choice for a year round tire (western WA). Unless something else comes out, it will probably be between these and the WRG2s.

san6279

Reaction score
Second set, that is a pretty good endorsement for the ATRs.

Have done some more reading on the WRG2s. Interesting that the Nokian global site does not market them as a 4 season tire, while the USA site does.

The Bridgestone Alenzas also get pretty good ratings on Tirerack.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a new set of duellers onion oct. went up mountain yesterday, the roads were icy and they did really well. They ride firm, but they are quiet and grippy. I like the extensive siping in the tread, probably explains the great traction and breaking on the ice.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have done some more reading on the WRG2s. Interesting that the Nokian global site does not market them as a 4 season tire, while the USA site does.

There is a reason that Nokian does not call the all season tire.It is called all weather tire and they put a emphasis on that title , not to confuse wrg2 with all season tire. all season tire performs equally poor in all seasons , whereas all weather tire excels in all wether conditions , especially slush.Americans are widely familiar with all season term, while all weather in Europe means , any weather can occur during all 4 seasons of the year.

Last edited:

san6279

Reaction score
There is a reason that Nokian does not call the all season tire.It is called all weather tire and they put a emphasis on that title , not to confuse wrg2 with all season tire. all season tire performs equally poor in all seasons , whereas all weather tire excels in all wether conditions , especially slush.Americans are widely familiar with all season term, while all weather in Europe means , any weather can occur during all 4 seasons of the year.

Understood. On the global site, however, they are marketed as winter only...not all weather. Just interesting they aren't trying to convince the rest of the world the tire can be used all year.

crtfour

Reaction score
I put Toyo Open Country H/T's on mine and they are very nice. The tread seemed to look more stout than the H/T's from other manufacturers.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Nokian WRG2, my local tire shop here on the North Shore of MA highly recommends them. They use them on all their trucks all year round, but those tires are especially good in the snow. So I think will do well for you in just about any situation, aside from serious off road driving where you have a different set of conditions and criteria to manage.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, it took me a long time to learn how to spell "Hakkapaliitta." I'm not saying my heart is set on them, but....I don't know, kind of a toss up, isn't it? Between the Hakkas and the WRG2s?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99