Thule Terrapin - Hitch mounted cargo box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to add an enclosed cargo box to my LR3. I have a rooftop Yakima box, but will also need a locking hitch cargo box as well. With the inward location of the LR3 hitch, can you use the Thule Terrapin cargo box? I read some where not confirmed that the Thule Terrapin could not be used on the Range Rover due to hitch location. Not sure about where the RR location is as compared to the LR3.

Is anyone using the Terrapin successfully on the LR3? If so, any problems, suggesitons, etc.

Thanks

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just let you mother-in-law ride on the roof she'll be fine! I dont know if it will fit. I was tempted by the RR box - they have a black one at my dealer looks nice. Said it would fit my RR and I should talk with him soon I will ask if it fits the LR3

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw a storage box on an LR3 at the dealer last year hooked to the hitch. That hitch hangs down bad idez for on the trail.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a cargo carrier and had to get a 6 inch rise extension from blue ox because without it, you'd drag it on a curb pulling into a driveway much less off-roading. It works great for trailer towing as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99