Time for New 19" tires - would you recommend Zeon LTZ's or Pirelli ATR's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photodisco

Reaction score
got a flat in one of my Pirelli ATR's last week and all tires are down to their final months so i have to make a change of all tires.

Curious to see if anyone has direct experience with both of these tires...

I started off with the dreaded HP's that were awful and based on this forum went to ATR's which were definetely better. My only gripe with the ATR's is treadlife...barely got 33K out of them (maybe that's good..?) I am basing this off my Yokohamas on my DII which i get over 60K out of...

I know that Zeon's LTZ are now available in 19's and they look fantastic -

any thoughts - i am mostly a street driver. Snow/Wet is important - low road noise preferred.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say the ATR's. I have 31k on mine and about 45% treadlife left. Im not sure why your degradation is so poor.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go for the Zeon's. I don't have any experience with the other tires you mentioned. I recently put Zeon's on out Range and the ride and lack of road noise hasn't been compromised.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zeons are decent in snow...until it gets deep. I didn't have mine long enough to comment on tread wear but they were fairly quiet. Probably not as quiet as the ATRs though just based on tread pattern.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had ATRs on my Cayenne GTS and have the Zeons on my RRS S\C.

The ATRs are much quieter than the Zeons on the highway, have great dry/wet grip and hydroplanning resistance. They do OK offroad, but not as well as other AT tires I've utilized. I consider the ATR to be as good or better than any all-season tires I've tried on an SUV. I'm going to put them on my wife's FFRR, when the Lattitudes go next year. She would kick my bum if the ATRs are louder or impact the ride - no worries.

The Zeons are much better offroad, especially climbing grassy slopes and on muddy terrain. Crazy enough, I find the dry grip to be almost the same as the OE Conti SportContis. Hydroplanning resistance and wet grip is OK, but not comparable to the Contis (odd) or other AT or all-season tires I have experienced. I have had a few sphincter moments when I ended up in a drift around turns, so I have had to be more conservative in the wet than with the Contis. The Zeons show almost no wear after 10K very hard driven miles. I also notice I almost never spin the Zeons off-road in the dry, they are my favorite AT for off-roading that I have experienced.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99