Time for new tires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking, I may break up my set of MT/Rs so I can use one of them as a "get home" spare when I get my new kicks. They'd be "get home" status because they'd be the odd tread pattern, not because of low tread. It's a shame I'm having to move on because they have what must be 90% rubber.

Anyway...that means I'd have 3 other tires from that set that could be used as spares. 275/65R18. If any of you are in Western Washington (or even Western Oregon between Portland and Corvallis) and are interested, please PM me.

Waaat?! Dude, man up, or whatever you wanna callnit but just yet 5 new matching tires and rotate them all through. It’s dumb, and you damn well know it, to cheap/slack out the way you described above.
Also you jst create a goofy mess trying to sell 3 tires?! LOL ;) I bet you could sell the 4 in couple weeks.

Also you know the spare should be more similar in size esp if far away from home. Not good to mix worn down size vs new on same axle thus 5 tire rotation. Then you also get full life out of 5 and don’t end up with a 10 yr old but never worn spare later on.

Oh, and just because two makes of tire show same ‘size’, more often than not they aren’t really at all. My 275/65 Michelin are visually different diameter from same numbers on bfg. You’ll be risking more trouble than it’s worth to save a few dollars.

DOooo it! ;)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem is this: my 5th rim is not a LR rim bit rather one off an X5. The tire on it is adequate to get me home (BF Goodrich). This approach worked for me....for 9 years. It's not a money thing it's rather being pragmatic. Finding someone selling one 18" ten spoke rim to mount my 5th tire on is unrealistic.

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To anyone else in this dilemma, eBay is where I’ve found wheels in almost any number you need. Locally sure it’s very unlikely

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72