Tinting my front 2 side windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jazzy_james

I'm thinking of tinting my front 2 side windows so they would match or blend in with the factory tint on the rear windows. Any recommedations or suggestions? Does anyone know what percentage to go with? Don't want them too dark since I probably get pulled over here in California.

Anyone else plan on doing this? Please let me know. Thanks!

M

Matt_Grim2

I don't know what to reccomend, but i had my LR3 Limo Tinted (5%) darkest you could get, I did all windows and it looks great, I think i remember the tinting place saying the back windows are clost to 35%...

bizdack

Reaction score
I thought about it at one point but decided against it.... yes avoiding getting pulled over. Im already running without front license plates hehehe.

I might have to tint the pano roofs on the 2nd and 3rd rows and possibly the first row..

Im sure it'll look good hopefully and wish you the best not to get those "fix it" tickets.

N

NHESS81

Right, so you know in CA it is illegal to have ANY tint whatsoever on the front two windows? Ok, now that its out of the way...I got 35% on the front of my D1, and 15% all around the others, it looks ok, you can tell its tinted, but its not TOO tinted. I am in CA too so thats why I didnt get much darker. Had previous cars, they brought the wrong tint to the house (gotta love off the book work..) and so got one step under Limo all over, yeah we get pulled over all the time--but since most of my family work in law enforcement, we get our free pass...lol...but for the regular citizen, I would look at 35% if I were you, just enough...I dont think us Landys get pulled over much, at least not in my opinion, so you might have an out just by usin your LR3...

M

Matt_Grim2

NHESS81 said:
Right, so you know in CA it is illegal to have ANY tint whatsoever on the front two windows? Ok, now that its out of the way...I got 35% on the front of my D1, and 15% all around the others, it looks ok, you can tell its tinted, but its not TOO tinted. I am in CA too so thats why I didnt get much darker. Had previous cars, they brought the wrong tint to the house (gotta love off the book work..) and so got one step under Limo all over, yeah we get pulled over all the time--but since most of my family work in law enforcement, we get our free pass...lol...but for the regular citizen, I would look at 35% if I were you, just enough...I dont think us Landys get pulled over much, at least not in my opinion, so you might have an out just by usin your LR3...

I live in maryland and we are allowed to have 35% on the fronts, I have limo on my old disco II for 2 years and never once got pulled over...

T

tamurag

i had 35% put on the front 2 windows and it matches the back factory tints pretty well. since 35% is legal in Hawaii, it looks factory.

J

javert

I"ve had my front windows tinted to match the rest on my '06 LR3. Absolutely looks better than stock. On my last ride, an 03 Navigator, I also ad them tinted to match and only got pulled over once in 3 years, I feel it was worth the $60 equipment violation. That was during a winter rain storm at the NYC Midtown Tunnel check point. Usually when I approach bunch of LE types, I roll down my two front windows.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM