Tire Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Nittos on my D II and I loved them... The zeons grip a bit better though...I think..

05LR3AZ

Reaction score
285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my LR3

They ride smooth on road and no problems off road. I do have some minor rubbing when I turn all the way to the right due to the size.

farouk1

Reaction score
I run michelin 285/60/18 cross terrain. There great on the highway and i have run them off road quite a bit with no problems. A litle pricy though. Dont forget to allign the new ones.

Hello buddaman; how do you manage that? Any rubbing at all, especially when off roading?
Please show us some pics, if possible. Thanks and Regards.

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had any rubbing on road or off. offroad im always in the raised position. Iove these on road and no problems going anywhere in the dirt.
sorry no pics. everytime I try to upload the site tells me my pics are too big

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here we go I figured it out. I had to resize the pics. just a little mud on them

Attachments

• calamigos ranch 028 (2).jpg
    calamigos ranch 028 (2).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 214
  • calamigos ranch 027 (3.jpg
    calamigos ranch 027 (3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

BigArt_LR3

Reaction score
I highly recommend the Kumho Road Venture APT KL-51. I have these in 255/60/18 and it's like a 10000000% difference from the Good Years. I'm very happy with them so far - smooth ride and no noise.

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope...but it drove me NUTS that they came out about 2 weeks after I bought my regular MT/Rs in the same size!

....but I find it interesting that these Kevlar ones have a load rating of "C" while my good ol' regular ones carry an "E" rating...?

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope...but it drove me NUTS that they came out about 2 weeks after I bought my regular MT/Rs in the same size!

....but I find it interesting that these Kevlar ones have a load rating of "C" while my good ol' regular ones carry an "E" rating...?

I agree about the load range, 2,535 @ 50 (Kevlar) vs 3,415 @ 80 (regular) is significant. Especially since I tow a trailer too and like to load it down too. It could be a deal killer for me. Also I see in the specs that GY says the Kevlar is 32.2" and the regular tire is 32.1, go figure...

How do you like the MT/R so far?
How many miles?
I think you had the Zeons before how do you compare highway noise to them?
Do you have to run the height sensor mod all the time to prevent running?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Craig,

I like the MT/Rs a lot....both for the size advantage and the traction. I basically feel like the LR3 cannot be stopped with those babies on; could be my undoing someday! I have only about 200 or 300 miles on them as I only put them on for trail runs and don't generally run them on the highway. That makes it hard to answer your third question, but from my limited experience they are noticably louder and sloppier on pavement.

I do indeed run the height sensor mod and occasionally still rub offroad...but not enough to make it a deterrent. On the road when no articulation is happening it's not an issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM