Tire fitment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trackstar

Reaction score
I came across an opportunity pick up a set of brand new 265-65-18's Bridgestone Duelers for next to nothing. Can I run this size on my LR3? I know the overall diameter will be slightly greater. My stock 255-60-18's are (thankfully) just about done.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
265/65R18 is the size that most the BFG comes in that most people put on the LR3. A search for BFG or Goodrich or All-Terrain ought to bring down all sorts of info on that size. (I know you didn't know that, not an attempt to flame, just explain and provide more info.)
Summary:
Fit - yes - will rub @ front of rear wheel opening when stuffed, and some very fast manuevers, (think 'body roll')
Speedometer - will read low 3-4 mph. Mileage calculations will be off.
Acceleration - will feel a little 'laggy'
Braking - will feel a little difference.
Technical issues - caluculatiions are based on wheel speed comparisions. As long as they are all the same, no issues. Except:
Spare-. If you end up w/ a smaller spare and have to use it, you will have a Christmas scene, meaing plenty of red and green lights on the dash, as the car tries to figure out why the one wheel is so far off in wheel speed from the others. As the car tries to compensate thinking you have a traction issue, the car could become a handful, or more.
Recomendation: Full size spare. I have it, and I use some glass cleaner on the edges of the spare area and use a floor jack to press it up there. I can get it down by prying w/ the jack handle. It's not easy, but it is better than the alternative.
Service issues - Using an over size tire has no effect on warranty except in the case where it can be proven that the failure occured as a result of the change over stock. Consult with your Dealer/Service Center/any Extended Warranty you may have.
Look - fits wheel opening very nicely. See pictures in BFG search.
Consider - You will pick up 3/4" or so height. (1.5" overall tire height). Be sure you have adequate garage clearance, especially if you have a rack. My car 'hops' over the garage threshold, I have to remember to use access and let it 'roll' in.

I hope that this helps.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM