Tire question 19's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photodisco

Reaction score
Hello All -

Most of the people on this board seem to have 18" rims and tire choices a plenty. Any suggestions for a mall mom who is on road 99% and has 19" rims? Had sights set on the Michelin Synchrones but they are now discontinued - anyone know why? Replaced by Michelin Latitudes but they don't seem to get the same reviews. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your climate is relevant, but you do not describe it. We liked the Toyo Open Country HT on our suburban LR3, and cost was good. All seasons present a compromise of performance characteristics, but this one was okay in winter if not very good. Also, Bridgestone Desert Dueler HT was listed in the size, though I am not sure they actually produced it.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I've had Scorpoin ATRs for over 20,000 miles from tirereack and they wearing very slowly, still very quiet, just rotate them every 7000 miles or so... According to Pirelli, they have a 50,000 tread life... I love them and for 19" wheels, they are great on road and not too bad off road. I tried uploading 2 images but not sure why they do appear.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll advocate for the Scorpian ATR's as well. I think they match or beat the Michelin Lattitude's, which my wife has on her FFRR, for on-road driving. Very impressed with their hydroplanning resistance and wet/dry grip - especially for an AT.

Note: The ATR's are on my Cayenne.

photodisco

Reaction score
thank you all for your input. I had mixed up the Pirelli ATR's and Scorpions. Seems like the ATR is a much better tire. With that said, they do get very positive reviews and very negative reviews....i have decided i will probably try these and hope to be in the positive. If only Yokohama made the Geolander in this size, I would be very happy.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I still like the Geolander A/T-S's more than the Pirelli ATR's.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had the Pirelli ATRs for 10K miles and very happy. Dumped the OE Goodyears at 10K miles after hydroplaning badly a few times. Pirellis are also pretty good offroad in deep sand on a beach.

photodisco

Reaction score
Ended up ordering the ATR's from Discount Tire. got them for $235.00 each (free shipping) plus a $40.00 rebate on the set of 4 which i think is a good deal. I will mount them next week and update.

Thanks.

kally

Reaction score
According to Pirelli, they have a 50,000 tread life... I love them and for 19" wheels, they are great on road and not too bad off road. I tried uploading 2 images but not sure why they do appear

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99