Tire Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

land crzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, truck is out of balance and dealer today tried to sell me 255/60/18 Goodyear HP All weather XL for 268.40,
I have read the poor reviews and need a recommendation for season long highway driving and light off road / snow?
All responses appreciated.

Isiolo

Reaction score
I fitted my LR3 with Pirelli Scorpion 255/55/19. It feels like a brand new vehicle. They ride and handle great! So far, driving the midwest storm this season has been a breeze. My Goodyears failed miserably, twice.

jdthiessen

Reaction score

Ditto. I have a set of Terra Grapplers on my 2000 F350 Crew Cab and they handle it great. I punish the heck out of them and they just laugh at me and keep on going. They have a nice looking aggressive tread pattern, yet are reasonably quiet on the highway. Great Tire.

ANY tire but the stock Goodyear HP Wranglers! Here is a list:
http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=46

I thought I was the only one with issues. Have 16K miles on my 2006 LR3 and I thought the thing had some type of alignment issue, but in fact, just sorry OEM tires. :mad: When these things are finished wearing out, probably at around 20-25K miles, I'll be putting Terra Grapplers back on.

jdthiessen

Reaction score
I have Terra Grapplers on my 2000 F350 Crew Cab and those things are bullet proof. I punish the heck out of those tires and they just laugh at me and ask me if that's all I have! Great tires. Nice looking aggressive tread pattern, yet reasonably quiet on the highway (maybe I just can't hear them over the diesel engine).

I thought I was the only one with issues on the OEM tires. Have 16K miles on my 2006 LR3 and I thought the thing had some type of alignment issue, but in fact, just sorry OEM tires. :mad: When these things are finished wearing out, probably at around 20-25K miles, I'll be putting Terra Grapplers back on.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
jdthiessen - sorry about your post not working, you posted a link as a first post. The software doesn't like that. even though it ended up being a duplicate post I approved one of your 4 attempts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge