Torque specs for front end stuff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a list of torque specs for front suspension and steering stuff? Just had the air shocks replaced and have a bit of a clunk (although it was there before, it's a bit more pronounced now) and was going to try tightening stuff. Thanks!

uoflcardfan77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you hear the clunk when you go over a rough patch of pavement or railroad, etc.? Do you hear it when you put on the brakes? Could be that your lower control arm bushings are going bad. Worth checking out.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mainly when going over curbs. I was thinking the LCA bushings or maybe swaybar bushings/end links since those would be less expensive and easier to replace.

uoflcardfan77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get it on a lift where you can remove all load from the LCA's, Tie-rods, etc. you'll be able to see if there is "play" in all these. Mine was the LCA's as well as the tie-rod ends. From what I've read on this and other forums a lot of people just go ahead and replace the entire LCA assembly as getting the bushings out can be a bit of a "bear".

Sorry I can't help with the torque specs.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drop me a PM w/emailI can send you the manual bits that provide torque specs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112