TPMS went off after driving and releasing Parking brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had the Parking brake on and started driving with it for about 10 seconds and then released it. The TPMS came on after that and will not go away!!!

I even had the tires rotated and inspected and had the TPMS reset but still it keeps coming back on. Any suggestions on what I should do for this? The tires seem to be in great shape. I have already driven about 100 miles since getting the tires rotated and TPMS reset but it is back on. Also, I have now started getting a "Check Air Pressure" warning along with TPMS even though air pressure is fine. Aargh!!!:ahhhhh:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first thing that stands out to me is driving with the parking brake on and having to release it. This should not be the case; it is supposed to release automatically above a certain speed or RPMs. I don't have TPMS on my '05 so I've never learned the system but wherever the sensor in the wheel communicates the pressure values to whichever ECU it reports to has got to be part of this problem, too.

Sorry I can't be more useful.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635