Traction control engages during driving bringing Disco almost to a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edstephan

Reaction score
03 Discovery II
111,450 miles.
Problems started when broken flex plate wiped out front pump on transmission and had Aamco put a used trans in it. Shortly after I got it back I got the 3 Amigos and did the fix, replaced the both rear wheel sensors. fixed right rear slider that was frozen.
I also got an error that the scan tool said was P1591 - Rough Road Signal
Also reset the ABS errors 90 - LR output to low, 92 RR output to low, 118 LR output Intermittent, 120 RR output intermittent. and 134 Shuttle valve switch. no errors have returned
Used a friends new Snap-on scanner with the LR modules.

I also have a Transmission error 21- CAN Message, MDIND Inv, (Flag) FTLMES.

Also when I had the transmission replaces the battery was disconnected for over a month and the key functions are gone.
Any advice would be helpful

Thank You
Ed Stephan

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, go get the codes read with a regular scanner that gives Rover fault code numbers and get back to us with them.
The 1590 is an ABS/Rough Road fault code number which always shows up when you are having 3 amigos issues.
Normally when your T/C comes on while driving and causes the vehicle to stop, it is because one of the sensors was not installed correctly. If when installing, the o-ring slipped out and or the sensor did not hit its normal seat position, this will happen.

edstephan

Reaction score
Thank You Mike
I disassembled the rear sensors and put the o=rings in first and reseated the sensors and it corrected the problem. 3 Amigos are gone all brakes and traction control is working perfectly.

Thank You
Ed Stephan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge