Traction control incline and one other light keep coming on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lovinlifest6

Reaction score
My incline traction control and one other light keep coming on. I'm guessing it's a sensor but which one and where? Help please

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never guess. Do you have an owners manual, if so read it cover to cover, if not buy one and read it.
I realize you are new here, but this is one of the most common D2 issues ever and is posted on all the Rover forums as the 3 Amigos.
Once you have read up, get back to us with what you have checked, your mileage and when the truck last had a major service.

Lovinlifest6

Reaction score
The onlything my manual says is that it is probably an ETC problem and I should take it to a dealer. Mileage is 127000 I just bought the vehicle so no service records are available

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, how mechanical are you?
Don't take it to the dealer unless you want to look at a couple thousand dollar bill.
If you want some help with this, send me your number and I'll call and walk you thru what to do.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will call you later today, in the mean time go and delete your number so it is not out there for all to see.

bsa239

Reaction score
My 2 cents, I read awhile ago in the forums here, that the wiring needs to be grounded at the fie wall. I have the same problem with my 99D2 with 148,000 miles and have not taken the time to check it and or correct it. Just my thoughts. Mike S. in S. IL

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When does the t/C light come on, does it stay on of flash, any others coming on?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635