Trade up to an 09 HSE Lux or wait for LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'll be ahead by just keeping the 06. Wait a few years for the LR4 you'll get more HP and the upgraded interior. Any accessories you buy should still transfer over for the most part. By 2013 the Lr4's should be under 30K maybe sooner if fuel prices continue to spike.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When fuel prices REALLY spike to well over $4 a gallon in April (this is when gas futures pricing really kicks in), you should be able to pick up any car with poor gas mileage at dealer invoice! In 2008 when the crisis just started and fuel prices here in San Francisco almost hit $5 a gallon, I purchased a fully loaded M3 which was brand new to the market and a very hot car, at dealer invoice (the price at which the dealership buys from the manufacturer) which was unheard of for a new BMW, especially the highly sought after M3... So waiting a month or two for a LR4 might be in your favor! Just a suggestion. And even if Brent drops, you won't see a decrease in the consumer market until futures are exhausted.

Last edited:

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait for the LR4, the 5.0 engine and interior are worth it.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you a few months ago. Was about to pick up an '09 rr sport supercharged but then test drove a 2010 sport hse for the hell of it. I was really surprised at how many improvements they made, drives like a completely different truck. In road tests, the new hse's are even faster than the old supercharged models. Now, it's just a waiting game as to when they'll depreciate.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my LR3 in for service today, test drive an '10 LR4 with 11k. The power and the plush seats are amazing. Definitely wait on the LR4, I'll be in the market in 2 years if they get close to $30k.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM