Trailer Tow Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhb907

Reaction score
There are two electrical connectors in the rear quarter trim panel on the driver’s side. I believe that they connect to the optional trailer tow harness. Can anyone identify the pins on these two connectors?

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't know the pins but British Atlantic has the best deal on the harness that I found.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really dont think you want to hack trailer lights directly into the harness. Sorry to sound negative, but If you had the requisite skills you would probably already know where to find the wiring info. The truck is too over designed for that to work easily.

mhb907

Reaction score
Wiring

I am looking for a 15 amp circuit to power a ham radio transceiver that I plan to mount somewhere in the back of the vehicle. I thought that the trailer harness has a 15 amp switched lead and a 30 amp direct to battery lead. (At this time, I have no plans for trailer tow.)

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In that case the two plugs that have the dummy caps on them are the trailer plugs. I don't know the schematics on them but you could use a probe to find if any of them are always hot. Then you could pull the corresponding fuse to find your 30 or 15 amp.

2Rovers

Reaction score
If you can read schematics go to LandRoverTechInfo.com and sign up for 1 day access (about $14) and download all the electrical files you need.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4