Transmission Fault(limited gears)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lela Stovall

Reaction score
Hello,

I think I killed my car :(. I have a 2007 HSE Supercharged. Purchased in March. Needed a battery I had it replaced by an non dealer service shop. Vehicle has been running just great. I had a oil change in July and the after affect was fluid in my driveway. I took it back to the dealer and I was assured that their was no oil leak. It never occurred that it was another issue and the dealer didn't do a full inspection. Not another leak appeared. Vehicle ran fine. In November I got another scheduled oil change. One 1.5 diameter leak. Took it back immediately and still no issue with the oil change. No more leaks. No strange message on my dash . . . nothing. I was driving my sister to the airport in December. We noticed a louder than normal sound like the engine was revved. I drop her off and head home. It's a 12 mile drive. I continued to hear the noise. I stopped at a gas station to look under the hood and smelled something strange. At this point I was 4 blocks from home. When I got back in the car I got a Transmission Fault (limited gear message). I continued to drive almost home. The vehicle started to blind, the dash went out and the entire vehicle shut down as I turned on my block.
I killed it. I had to have it towed to my house. Did I **** it. I don't know what happened. Any ideas anyone?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First welcome to the forum. Second, it is really hard to say. But since you have the supercharged I hate to say this I know there have been a lot off issues with the V8 Supercharged engines having bottom end failures. If you happen to have a warranty you are in good shape, if no warranty raise hell with Land Rover (start softly of course as you get more help with honey than lemon). Sadly the bottom end is a known issue for Land Rover V8 Supercharged engines.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72