Transmission & Special Programs Messages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

penguinrover

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got my first Land Rover 07 LR3 which I'm pretty excited about. When cranking the car up I initially get 3 messages in this order:

transmission range change not available

system fault special programs not available

special programs off

The car is running great and hasn't given me any reason to worry excessively about these indicators. That is unless you tell me something is wrong. :hmpf: It still has 11,000 miles left on the factory warranty

Thanks in advance for your help!

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No brainer. Go to Dealer under warranty. There's a couple tricks for the Gear Selection not available issue, but let them handle it. Be sure to have them test the battery as well.

penguinrover

Reaction score
I'll call them tomorrow and probably take it up there Monday. I'll post back with the results. Wish me luck!

penguinrover

Reaction score
Just got the car back from the shop. They did the 40,000 mile maintenance. Changed the oil, replaced the filters, and said that the pollen filter needed replacing. This was $286 out of pocket expenses. As for the error messages, they said they "cleared the codes" and told me to drive it around for a few days and see what happens. When I got home and turned the vehicle off the transmission message popped right back up. So I then waited a minute and restarted the car...same 3 messages came right back up. Of course this "special services off" will not allow me to put the car in any of the special off-road functions located in the center console. It's going back to the shop tomorrow morning.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did those dipshits check the battery?

penguinrover

Reaction score
I specifically told them to check the battery citing my "expert friends" online. I will tell them again tomorrow. I saw that light issue down a few threads that can cause engine/gearbox faults, so I'm also going to print that off and take it. Of course I'm sure there are about 1000 different things that could be screwing up. And by the looks of it, I should have changed that pollen filter myself after reading several other threads.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only inconsistency is that usually battery-related faults occur at start-up, not shut-down...but it's only a trend.

LR3_fan

Reaction score
I had a similar transmission errors issue when I first got my truck. The dealer replaced a rusted connector under the driver side (under warranty). I will try to attach a picture of the part.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar transmission errors issue when I first got my truck. The dealer replaced a rusted connector under the driver side (under warranty). I will try to attach a picture of the part.

Can we still see the picture of the part? Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo