Trying to figure out a few things...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I don't have a manual with my "New" '96 disco - I have a few questions about some simple things.

First off.. what is this switch for? I can't seem to figure out if it even does anything, and the icon on it makes to sense to me.
what_is_this.JPG

Also, how do you operate the cruise control? I see the 2 buttons on the steering wheel, but they don't seem to do anything, and most cruises i've used in the past have also had an "on" switch as well.

And one more - How does one activate the headlight washers? Or are they just for show?

Thanks again guys (and gals)

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the "On" button for the cruise control. Just push that and then use the steering wheel mounted controls for speed.

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang. I knew that would be the answer. Guess my cruise control is broken. I think I noticed a broken vaccuum line under the driver side of the hood, I'll start there.

Thanks!

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
Well let me be one of the first to congratulate you on your purchase. That little mystery icon activates your cruise control, press it, and then go to the steering wheel controls to set speed etc. As for your headlight washers I think they only activate on every third pull on your washer arm, that’s how it is anyways on my 99, Hope this helps.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they only work every third wipe, with the low-beam headlights on....95-96 D1

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Its the symbol for the Autobahn, press it and you get transported there!

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autobahn

Ahh, See Originally I though it would transport me to the Autobahn as well, but I guess my flux capacitor transporter mechanisim must be among the items needing repair. I wonder how much a new flux capacitor is at the dealer ;)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
When you do get the vacuum lines fixed, just so you know, the top botton on the steering is to set and accel for cruise, the bottom button will cancel and resume cruise, it will not adjust speed slower, it only cancels and resumes... took me a few tries to figure that out over a year ago.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72