tv through nav, anyone try this yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the original one I was waiting to get. They have been out of stock on that unit for 6 months now. I likes that it had the VGA plug that would let the nav unit be used as a PC screen. No ETA on when the item would be available and the only other unit I found had only 1 video input. So this ones going in tomorrow. I'll keep everyone updated when I get it back tomorrow.

did you get it installed? whats the outcome?

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from you last post you said the left button under the nav screen. do you mean the factory buttons that display on/off road navigation. i assume that each time you press it, you change the input and eventually back to the nav?

do you have any pics of your rear camera?

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I picked up the LR3 to day with the unit installed. Works great for the backup camera and if my ipod cable actually would work, since its brand new, I'd have that working too. The unit is setup with AV1 being the backup cam, AV2 is for the ipod or anyother rca input I want to use and then AV3 is tucked away until I decide to put in a drop down or something. The backup cam works when I put it in Reverse and also I can turn it on anytime by pressing the left button under the nav screen. Pressing it a 2nd time brings up AV2's screen and again the nav. I can add the 3rd AV later to be able to press it again. The only problem there was, was the instructions for the install were for a Discovery 2 and we had to call to make sure they were the same for the LR3, which they were.

DSC02134.jpg

DSC02139.jpg

DSC02141.jpg

DSC02140.jpg

from you last post you said the left button under the nav screen. do you mean the factory buttons that display on/off road navigation. i assume that each time you press it, you change the input and eventually back to the nav?

do you have any pics of your rear camera?

Correct each time its pressed it goes to AV1(cam), AV2(ipod/etc), Nav....

They couldn't get the unit I wanted for the cam, so they drilled one above the license plate in the gray handle thing, lol. Pics tomorrow...

Last edited:

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct each time its pressed it goes to AV1(cam), AV2(ipod/etc), Nav....

They couldn't get the unit I wanted for the cam, so they drilled one above the license plate in the gray handle thing, lol. Pics tomorrow...

the picture from the cam looks pretty good. this guy has a little bit of envy. :biggrin: thanks for the pics so far. looking forward to the rest. last question, was it truly plug and play? no splicing? (other than the reverse trigger)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not clear on the switch you use to go between inputs. You say that the left NAV button is what you use. What happens when you need this button for NAV functionality?

The pictures (posted in "lifting LR3 thread" by mistake) look GREAT! Wow. Impressive.

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not clear on the switch you use to go between inputs. You say that the left NAV button is what you use. What happens when you need this button for NAV functionality?

The pictures (posted in "lifting LR3 thread" by mistake) look GREAT! Wow. Impressive.

i just press it an additional time and the on road/off road function is there.

And yes it was plug and play from what I was told, I do think they had to do something for the backup cam to turn on when you place the tranny in reverse.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good. thanks for all the pics. ill be following in your footsteps and picking up a similar package. the camera placement looks good and doesnt look like it will get in the way. thanks for all the pics.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm brand new at this as of today, and this is impressive and interesting to see done. Would like the backup camera option, but would be best if the whole shebang could be easily transferred to another (new) LR3 if one were to obtain one.

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The unit can be transfered to another LR3, the camera would leave a hole and unless you uninstalled it yourself but could be removed.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635