(UPDATE) First Winter with the girl and...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's easy. Windshield wires too thick and they are drawing too much current (not enough resistance). The 40 AMP fuses are melting! This is a fire waiting to happen.

The wires of the aftermarket windshield are too thick or the OEM wires? If it’s the aftermarket windshield then I suppose my only options are to either replace it again or just leave the fuses out so it won’t activate.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the windshield has too little resistance ) ie. too many and/or too thick of wires. This draws more current than the circuit can handle. I am thinking of adding a little resistor on the side that keeps blowing to see if that solves the problem. Melting 40a fuses is not a solution and LR should be ashamed of offering it up as a fix.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the windshield has too little resistance ) ie. too many and/or too thick of wires. This draws more current than the circuit can handle. I am thinking of adding a little resistor on the side that keeps blowing to see if that solves the problem. Melting 40a fuses is not a solution and LR should be ashamed of offering it up as a fix.
If you add a resistor, it will need to be high wattage, or it will fry. But with an appropriate size, this might help...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM