Upgraded Xenon Headlamp Bulbs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Matt_Grim2

I was checking out the RRsport.uk.com forum and notice some had upgraded the factory Xenon bulbs and I was wondering if this could be done to my
LR3 ?

Does the 2 Vehicles use same Bulbs ?

Thanks...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean "upgrade"? What can you improve? Or do you mean putting bulbs in that generate a different color? (6000k, etc.) Go for it... whatever turns you on, Matt. Everyone just loves blue lights. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt_Grim2

grommet said:
What do you mean "upgrade"? What can you improve? Or do you mean putting bulbs in that generate a different color? (6000k, etc.) Go for it... whatever turns you on, Matt. Everyone just loves blue lights. :cool:

I was thinking about the different bulbs that burn at 6000k but i heard that you lose more light so that you can have the true H.I.D. blues...

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
blue light scatters more, thus you as the driver will see less.
That is why IMHO those Piaa HID should be aginst the law.

H

Houm_WA

...anyone know the color-temperature of the factory HIDs ? I think they're perfect, personally. You wouldn't want to go too blue.

H

Houm_WA

How solid is your source of knowledge. They don't seem that Yellow to me. I don't have a golden-eyeball or anything, but I do work a lot with lighting systems and would bet a beer that they're at least 5000...maybe even 5500.

Have you seen this documented?

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine there's something brighter out there. I already get flashed all the time by people thinking my high-beams are on. It kills them when I hit them with the real thing.

X

xcursion

Sometimes I feel bad after I flash the rude drivers with high beams. It's so bright that it lite up the night, probably blinding them for good...Better control myself.

S

schafari

If you are getting flashed, you may need a headlight adjustment. If anything, HID with active leveling cuts down on blinding on-coming traffic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99