Using command shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you "manually select" 6th gear you'd no longer be in Sport ...

No ****? I drive almost exclusively in Sport mode. Don't even think about it, its just where I shift into drive. I do really like it on the highway, though, as when I have to shift lanes or pass, Sport mode gives me much better response. If I'm in normal mode, well, it behaves like you'd expect a 5000lb vehicle to.

You learn something every day...I might have to turn Sport Mode off when I'm on cruise control anyway.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Todd, I was ball-bustin' more than anything. If someone is in Sport mode and they "shift" into a gear then they cease to be in Sport mode at that point because they are now in Command Shift. That's all I meant.

I also go straight to Sport uniless I'm on the freeway.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Todd, I was ball-bustin' more than anything. If someone is in Sport mode and they "shift" into a gear then they cease to be in Sport mode at that point because they are now in Command Shift. That's all I meant.

I also go straight to Sport uniless I'm on the freeway.

Ahh, thanks for the response. I actually read that post of yours wrong and thought you meant Sport doesn't use 6th gear. My mistake. Same gears, just a more responsive shifting which I like. :)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, you've got that part right, shifting to Sport mode does lock out 6th gear. Try coasting on a highway at 50-60 mph and switch from Sport to Normal auto: You may not feel the gear upshift because our trannies are so smooth, but you will see the RPM gauge drop a few hundreds.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, you've got that part right, shifting to Sport mode does lock out 6th gear. Try coasting on a highway at 50-60 mph and switch from Sport to Normal auto: You may not feel the gear upshift because our trannies are so smooth, but you will see the RPM gauge drop a few hundreds.

Wow, in that case, my 6th gear must still be factory fresh!!!! I wonder if I have to start another 1000 mile break-in period on it when I start using Normal mode. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd