Velar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash1121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely not a truck. I am in full agreement with all that it's a beautiful design, and that if LR didn't produce a vehicle for this type of market, they would lose their ass to the competition. My only hope is that they don't sell out their heritage to these (valley girl) types of markets entirely. No doubt these cars will make for great eye candy rolling down the road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RRV is a great looking SUV. Perhaps the best looking thing non-sports car out there today.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has a 16.5 gallon fuel tank. Even assuming greatly increased mileage from the diesel and smaller gas engines offered on the Velar, that's almost embarrassingly small. Even overlanding in the city might be a challenge, lol. I guess compromises had to be made to fit all that luxury and technology inside such a shapely figure.

Last edited:

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
given the LR4 and past Range Rovers all get around 300 miles for a full tank of gas, regardless of tank size, as long as the RRV can avg 18MPG, it'll travel 300 miles doing "urban overland" (i like that term!) which is good enough for LR owners! I think even the thirstiest SCV6 should get better than 18mpg meaning it'll overland longer in the cities than traditional LRs.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has a 16.5 gallon fuel tank. Even assuming greatly increased mileage from the diesel and smaller gas engines offered on the Velar, that's almost embarrassingly small. Even overlanding in the city might be a challenge, lol. I guess compromises had to be made to fit all that luxury and technology inside such a shapely figure.

Style over substance

Similar to the Evoque, which was a fashion statement.

Olli Rita

Reaction score
Isn't there enough "sub-models" for the city and highway, will there actually be another model you can get wet and muddy, wash it with a hose inside-out.... Holding on to my LR3 for dear life although it's not one to be washed "inside-out" with a hose.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
It does seem like they're splitting hairs if they try to slot a model between the Evoque and RRS. I haven't seen it reported this way anywhere, but it would make more sense if this was going to replace the RRS. The RRS is on the now-discontinued LR4 platform, so they're going to have to re-design it on a new platform very soon anyways.

Here they mentioned about the velar product line between RRS and Evoque..

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170306/OEM04/303069971/range-rover-aims-high-with-velar

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thing is going to sell like hotcakes. It's not for me, but I seriously would consider replacing my wife's X5 with this thing.

Someone said the Jaguar dealers will be made about this compared to the F-Pace, but I doubt it. Just gives them more options. In the US, the SUV rules, more so than any sedan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM