Voice Activation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bizdack

Reaction score
Do you guys know where the mic is actually located (somewhere on the driverside as per the not really accurate manual)?

Really didn't bother too much about the voice activation not working when my salesguy demo'd the vehicle when i took delivery last month. He pulls the paddle and issued basic radio commands but system says "no speech detected". Tested his bluetooth phone and called the receptionist and she couldn't hear us so I figured must be a bad mic and really don't need it that bad so figured it can be addressed later.

Now the dvd player refused to eject a disc so I finally took it to the dealer to have both of the issues fixed.

Got the vehicle today after a week and they have replaced the dvd player with a new one and claims that the voice activation is fine and found nothing wrong with it. Made me feel like an idiot somehow but I pulled the paddle, said "HELP" and then some gibberish and still says "No Speech Detected". Shouldn't it say "Sorry" if it doesn't understand a command? So i really think a mic is disconnected. Any thoughts?? Maybe some pointers where to check/look? Tks!

M

mickj

you have a definite problem....even when my 3 year old mumbles some silly song into the voice activation, I get a polite "sorry." Mine works, but I seldom use it...most of the time it is more trouble than it is worth because it never really hears the right command. I will say it does a nice job tuning the radio, but it is just as easy to hit a preset button :)

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The microphone should be inside the lighting & sunroof control cluster on the headliner... under the driver's side "grill." (There is one on each side.)

bizdack

Reaction score
mickj,

Thanks for the input. I totally agree it should say something like that ("sorry") rather than ("No speech detected") and must be the mic input to the system. It could be faulty or simply unplugged. I also agree as well its easy to just hit the knob lol :) as I had posted, it never really bothered me that it didn't work when I took delivery but would be very useful for PTI.

grommet,
Thanks for the input as well. :)

I actually got a phone call (I would assume Land Rover customer service) about my repair experience. Told them I was treated fairly but my Voice Activation issue was not resolved. She said she's going to take note of my praise and log my complaint as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99