Warning lights, ABS, TC, and Hill Descent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

capthook

yeah, i guess an lr3's fine if you want a little less truck and alot more of a highway cruiser. Just don't like the ability of the LR3 when compared to a DII, and I've heard they have their own set of problems. Once you get your DII dailed in though, it won't bark at you all too often. Good luck on the SRS light, hopefully it doesn't have anything to do with a major problem in your abs modulator.

Capt

S

SPODONAHUE

I had the exact same thing happen twice in one month, took it to the dealer, and they stated that the computer that controls the ABS, SRS, Traction Control, etc. went out. The only way to "fix" it was to replace the computer which was a little more than $2000 (US).

B

B2zD2

Ok.... Back from service... New LH seat belt tensioners, new SRS wiring Harness. Oil &Filter change. ... All under warranty :)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish I would have read that you had an SRS light issue, normally this is just the plug under the drivers seat has been pulled. Goes to the seat belt....

D

discobeat

I've recently discovered the same intial problem (abs, tc and hdc warning lamps on and remaining illuminated) on my 99 td5. The brake fluid level is ok, so next thing is to check abs sensors. If these are cleaned will the lights go out? Or will the slabs ecu have to be plugged in by dealer and reset?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The ABS rechecks itself every start up, and if all is well at 0-5 mph the light will go out. If all is not well, it will stay on.

DMS3Reno

Reaction score
Any one here know how to perform a check on these sensors
to determine which one is bad?
Is this something that can be performed with a V/Ohm meter?

I have the same thing and the dealer confirmed over the phone
that is almost certainly the issue.
Mine is NOT under warrently and I don't want to replace all of them.
The fronts and backs appear to be different from each other.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99