Water dripping just behind LR wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is normal -- but what is it ? (I'm in Nashville so its pretty hot -- upper 90's now -- truck is a 2005 HSE) I'm guessing either the rear AC drains there OR its water drain from the air compressor from the humid air.

So what's the deal with the water dripping?

And if its rear AC then is there another condensor or something back there? Just wondering how that rear AC works I guess since there's just one compressor.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You hit it - there's a dedicated Evaporator in the rear (the part that condenses and removes the humidity as the warm air is blown over it by the rear fan). The refrigeration process removes water and heat from ambient air, making the air feel much cooler for passing over your evaporator and then blows on you after it flows out of the ducts and vents. This process obviously produces condensation on the evap, so it drips. My wife's new Odyssey - yes, we made the swap and now live the minivan lifestyle - drips on the right rear.

There would be just one higher capacity compressor and condenser up front, with added refrigerant lines (and coolant lines for the heat exchanger) headed to the rear, I agree.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635