Water Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI. I'd been getting some low coolant warnings on my 12 HSE. I thought it might be an anomaly, but when I noticed I was eating coolant fairly rapidly, i took it in for a check up (5,000 miles).

Turns out, there have been issues with the Water Pump in these vehicles. Sounds like it's been a fairly common problem as they diagnosed and replaced it in about 4 hours. Actually, I was fairly impressed with my dealer this time. Dropped it off at noon and had it back at 4:00.

Just FYI.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TECHNICAL BULLETIN
LTB00352NAS3
02 APR 2012

Thanks. Here's the TSB if you don't have a log-in at RangeRovers.net

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine off for its 15K service and prepared to wait in comfort with my ipad and laptop. 15 minutes later the service rep came out and gave me keys as they were replacing my water pump. I picked up my rover the next day.

it is so nice when they do it without me bugging them....

and yes,

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Would you mind posting the details in the TSB sticky above for others to reference in the future?

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
******* LR SERVICE!!!! My truck ran out of coolant today. I"m not sure what they did, but I went from a slow leak to full leak in one day. I was so proud of them for turning it around in 4 hours. Should have known better. Truck is going on the back of a truck this afternoon.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
******* LR SERVICE!!!! My truck ran out of coolant today. I"m not sure what they did, but I went from a slow leak to full leak in one day. I was so proud of them for turning it around in 4 hours. Should have known better. Truck is going on the back of a truck this afternoon.
That sucks!!! Keep us posted.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading some of these dealer experiences is just crazy. Seriously... guy is proud the dealership did something right then to find out they f'd up royally. Where do these people get training these days? Luckily I've had really amazing dealer service so far, knock on wood!

PS, my water pump was replaced a few weeks after my purhase... Brought my LR4 in for DRL activation and when I picked her up they said they changed the water pump. I was like, ok, thanks. LOL.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM