Water Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, it's now turned into a radiator and hose replacement (part on order). Could be a cause/effect relationship with the water pump. Who knows.

Last edited:

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just adding in my experience...I took my truck in for service at 40k and the water pump was replaced.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just adding in my experience...I took my truck in for service at 40k and the water pump was replaced.
you were having no issues that you knew of, but they recommended replacing the pump?

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I can gather, this is a defective design that will require replacement. Get in line fast to get yours. If this problem killed my radiator and radiator hose at 5K, it has to be pretty serious.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: The lower radiator hose was the issue. They are not replacing the radiator. Apparently, this was the next weak link in the system. We'll see. Heading over now to pick it up and then drive it back in a snowstorm.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It made it back. If the worst part of the drive was one nutcake road-rager (not on me, but the guy in front of me), I'll take it.

I'm going to wait for it to cool and make sure I have some fluid, but I think it's fixed. The radiator hose was just blown at the coupling point on the lower end. I hope that's the end of the line on this problem

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
baobay - correct, i didn't notice any coolant leak but they replaced it without any notice

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI. I'd been getting some low coolant warnings on my 12 HSE. I thought it might be an anomaly, but when I noticed I was eating coolant fairly rapidly, i took it in for a check up (5,000 miles).

Turns out, there have been issues with the Water Pump in these vehicles. Sounds like it's been a fairly common problem as they diagnosed and replaced it in about 4 hours. Actually, I was fairly impressed with my dealer this time. Dropped it off at noon and had it back at 4:00.

Just FYI.

Hm... I had a very slow coolant leak, i got the warning at about 10K - there was a hose at the rear of the engine on passenger side that as I thought would go to the heater or something… And looking at the way it leaks it would leak only under very high pressure from the clamp area. I left it along at that time, just added some water, to get it addressed later when I need to visit the dealer. ...
They replaced something there, and I believe in job/part description (or adviser mentioned it to me) they had something about a pump, but knowing the problem, I did not think that is about the main engine water pump. Now I need to check what they did, and if they replaced the pump, did they replaces that leaking hose also.. ?? :)

I will check at home…

Last edited:

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check what they did. If they caught the water pump issue early enough, there may not be downstream problems with the hose, but it's best if you get both checked, if not. The water pump was a slow leak, the hose drained my system in 30 minutes. A bad hose has potential to strand you somewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635