What am I looking for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi-

I'm searching for a lightly used LR3, preferably 2007 or newer. And I'm slightly confused on how the packages are setup...

One thing I did not like on the SE I drove was the swath of black plastic that housed the radio/climate controls in the center of the dash.

I've seen some SE's with woodgrain there as well though? Was there an actual option to replace the plastic there, even if it's with wood colored plastic. :) Or was this only available on the HSE?

Also, does the HSE package include the HID lights? I thought it did, but I've seen conflicting info.

I havent seen any trucks at all with the luxury package, nor the premium sound. Are they near impossible to find? Forget about the HD package...

If I wanted a truck with the light color (Alpaca) interior, with wood-grain trim, HID's, cold-climate, NAV, what am I looking for?

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you're looking for a "light color (Alpaca) interior, with wood grain trim, HID's, cold-climate, NAV"...

Seriously though, more than likely looking for an HSE, as they would have most of those options. Do not be fooled though, an HSE does NOT have every option available, unless the previous owner ordered it that way. With that being said, most HSEs will have NAV, the prologic 7 sound system, voice activated command, cold-climate package and HIDs "standard".

The "LUX" package is what your looking for as far as premium leather seating and other stuff.

The "tech" package will have bluetooth hands free. Wood grain is an ~$800 option, if you saw some with it around the radio and whatnot, then it was prolly a stick on after-market product.

The HD option is hard to find and you really have to know what you're looking for, it's not enough to just have a full-size spare tire.

There are always LR3's to look at on ebay to get a feel for what is what, then good independent dealers or brokers can find exactly what you need.

I think mustbeaudi might have something close to what you're looking for if he hasn't already sold it.

Good luck!

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HSE will certainly have most of the features you are looking for, but there are SE's with them as well. HSE only have memory seats, power steering wheel, auto-dip mirror, and 12 speaker stereo. Everything else can be had on a SE. This all assumes you are in the USA.

I too was looking for an HSE, but I eventually got frustrated and expanded my search to include loaded SE's. You get good at spotting the cold package by the seat heat control buttons, and the tech package by steering wheel buttons, HID lights, etc...

Im pleased with my recent SE purchase and think that there are some better deals out there if you are willing to get a SE. Probably because there is a diverse population of SEs and the stripped V6 ones are dragging down the used car prices.

Good luck on finding the HD package. I thought I would, but I didnt miss it on a recent off road trip with two Jeep Rubicons. I kept up no problem.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification... It's becoming clear that just finding an HSE wont necesarily get me what I'm looking for. Although it is much easier to search for an HSE, as opposed to clicking into each SE ad, and trying to verify what options may or may not be there via pictures.

Thanks for the tip about the steering wheel controls and the tech package. The HID's are easy to spot, I'll need to figure out which buttons are for the heated seats as well. The memory seats are pretty important to us, as silly as it sounds... We're a 1 vehicle family, and there's a 10" height difference between my wife and I. It's very nice to be able to jump in and go.

USAFbuckeye-

Did you use a broker to find you a truck, or perhaps no of one you could recomend? I'd be interested in saving a couple of bucks, and this sounds like a good option. I'm in the NYC area.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A keen eye my point out this is a RRS, but the seat heat buttons look exactly the same in a LR3. (center of each temp knob). Non cold package rigs will be blank.

land_rover_range_rover_sport_supercharged_2009_dashboard_tempcontrol.jpg

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the scoop on the heated seat controls as well.

Do all LR3's come with rear-climate controls, or was that an option? I see some trucks have it listed as an option, but I thought in 07+, every truck came with the 3rd row seat.

And with the 3rd row seat, there are the additional vents for the rear hvac as well as the controls on the back of the center console.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear controls are in the roof where the dome light is. There are vents for 2nd and 3rd row.

BTW - 2nd row seat heat (part of cold climate package) is in the back of the center console.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in 2005 at least, it was an option. I chose not to get the 3rd row seats OR the rear climate control.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys... My head is spinning with trying to keep all of this straight. I am looking for an 07 or 08.

It seems for my 07/08 then the rear seats were standard, with the controls and vents.

Using the LR Configurator, the 3rd row seats are an option again for the 09's, and thanks to Houm, I learned they were an option on the 05's as well.

The configurator also shows the memory package is only available with the Lux pacakge on the 09's, which isnt the case with other years.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo