What does it cost for a Land Rover dealer to CPO a used 2008 LR3? . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lrrb

Reaction score
Are there basic requirements that would disqualify a used LR3 from being part of the CPO program? I'm considering a used low mileage 2008 LR3 from a LR dealer and I'm wondering why they wouldn't want to CPO it. Thanks.

SoCalLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it costs for LR, but for some other makes of cars I've had its been anywhere between $1,000 - $2,000 for the dealer to certify it. Some companies won't certify a car that is not more than two years old....again, I'm not sure about LR policies.

If I were a dealer, I would only certify a car that was close to the end of its factory warranty or one that I had trouble selling since it adds to money that I'd have ******* in the vehicle just sitting in the lot.

jak167

Reaction score
I just purchased an '06 low mile 19k LR3 and the cert costs $2k extra. The dealer may not want to do for a number of reasons. First, tires, if the the tires are worn (and they wear quick on a 6k pound vehicle) they have to be replaced and LR requires them to use the dealer tires for replacement, costs them close to $1k just for tires, I negotiated a credit and bought my own tires (didn't want the crap goodyears). Plus if anything else is wrong, brakes etc, it may cost more to cert than they can charge. Also, if truck had accident repairs they may not be able to certify. Have them pull repair records from their computer, it will give you an idea as to what work was needed on the vehicle. (ie: my just had oil changes and a few recall updates) Also make sure to see carfax report.

On a low mileage '08, it may not make sense for you to cert b/c it only gives you 6 years from the date the truck originally went into service and 75k miles total. The balance of factory warranty would cover a large chunk of that time/mileage.

If you do go forward & have it cert, make sure you specifically tell them to do all software updates. It seems LR doesn't automatically apply these to a truck unless the customer has a problem and/or requests it. Good Luck!

lrrb

Reaction score
Thanks jak167. Is there a list of software updates available by model year? Thanks.

jak167

Reaction score
I don't have the specific details, seems to be more updates on the older models, '05 & '06 from reviewing the forums. The newer models seem to have them updated from the factory, but it's good to check. I know of an engine ECU update and transmission update exist. Other threads indicated that the owner has to specifically complain of a problem (ie: hard shifting, etc) or specifically ask for the updates to be applied.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM