what kind of brush gaurd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

maxson

hi I am not a ********* off roader but i enjoy it every once and a while. I recently went into a ditch and messed up my front end. I was wonder what would be some good ideas for a brush bar if i should get the cheap ones with the bars or if i should drop the cash and get the arb bumper. i have a 03 disco give me some feed back thanks

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My suggestion, having owned and used the genuine wrap around brush guard, as well as the genuine LR A-bar, and plain ol' front bumper, is to buy something stout to put up there. This means skipping over the Geniune Mojave Commuter Bar :biggrin:, and getting something made or buying something stronger. Those brush guards mount in a goofy way that only guarantees they'll hit the hood/bonnet, lights, and/or bumper, causing damage to those parts as well as themselves. Plus, unless they've dramatically changed the design, you shouldn't use the brush guard as a recovery point (because it'll bend, or come right off the frame). ARB is definitely stout in design, although others like the RoverTym slimline front bumper, or Trek Outfitters, or SafariGard. TJM also makes one. There are plenty of options and the nice thing is that for ~$150 more than the cost of a new brush guard you can get a whole bumper (maybe even with light bars).

My 2 cents.

Andy

outdoorfever

Reaction score
whatever you do, dont buy a brush guard. You will mess more things up when you hit something if you have it on there. Too many ppl could tell you that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM