What's the "Landrover" button for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2006 LR3 has the third button set to unlock the tailgate. its possible. i just dont know what button you'd hit... im assuming you would go about setting the key then go around back and hit the handle on the tailgate to program.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
re the tailgate: There's no mention of that in the manual. Does it fully unlatch? What's the point, you still have to have a free hand to lift it up anyway don't you?

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it just unlatches, as if you were to pull on the hatch... yes you'd still have to nudge it up until the arms kick in... i dont know.. my third button came like this from the dealer... and i have no reason to change it to anything else right now...

motz

Reaction score
how can i set it for turning the headlight on?

okay i was reading this thread and tried the hatch opening.
i didnt find it useful cuz you still have to unlock the car(otherwise the alarm goes on) and
open it.

so how can i program it back to turning on the headlight?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Press and hold the Land Rover button on the remote (the rear hatch will unlatch if the button is still programmed to do so, but that's OK) and pull the "flash to pass" stalk on the left side of the steering wheel. A chime should sound to confirm the button is now programmed to turn on the headlights.

Vermouth

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding some directions on programming the Land Rover button. Popping the rear hatch would be awesome if I could program it to do that. Anyone have any links?

Thanks,
Aaron

The LR button will pop open the upper rear hatch. Mine does but it came that way. I'm not sure how to program it.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR button pops open the sunroof with a .50 cal out on top

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72