Wheel fitment confirmation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18" rims from a BMW X5 indeed fits on the LR3.

I only fit the metal, threw a spare tire on it ( a BFG Rugged Trail 265/75R18) and called it good. So, I'm not sure if the offset is right, but I don't care...it's my spare.

So for those that need a single rim, that one fits the bill. I think they are easier to come by than LR3 rims (used). I paid $150 for the rim and tire, mounted and balanced.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. E70 X5 rims or original E53 X5? It may not matter, all are probably 5x120 bolt pattern.

Are the LR rims hub centric too? Makes a big difference.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Johnny you're speakin over my head now! :)

What is E70 vs. E53?

...and I don't know what hub centric means either. I believe ALL BMW rims are 5x120. ...so the axle bore is what matters next and the X5 is 72.56....0.06mm bigger than the LR3 so it works just fine. Some of them have Forward offsets and some have Center offsets. I'm not sure which this one is.

It was kind of funny because I got it at a place that re-furbishes factory rims and aftermarket ones too. Sort of an "off" place in a strip mall that I got referred to. Anyhow the dude was sure (on the phone) that a rim from a DII would fit! I assured him that his book was wrong but that I'd come down anyway. Of course the Hurricane wouldn't slide on the LR3 but he dug around his wharehouse some more, found an X5 rim and it went right on!

I'm happy because now I don't have to wonder what having an off-sized spare would mean to the LR3 and its computers. I have road hazzard warranty on the MT/Rs so I just have to be able to get off the trail and back home.

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18" rims from a BMW X5 indeed fits on the LR3.

I only fit the metal, threw a spare tire on it ( a BFG Rugged Trail 265/75R18) and called it good. So, I'm not sure if the offset is right, but I don't care...it's my spare.

So for those that need a single rim, that one fits the bill. I think they are easier to come by than LR3 rims (used). I paid $150 for the rim and tire, mounted and balanced.

Houm,

Do you have a picture of the wheel? Would really like to see it.

Thanks,

Pic

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can go snap a pic later and post it...I'll try to do it by tonight.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E70 = model designation for the current X5 (2007+), E53 = original X5 (1999 to 2006)

All BMW rims are hub centric. Here is a definition:

"A wheel that is centered or located on the hub by a machined center hole-as opposed to "lug centered" wheels that are located by the position of the lug nuts alone. "

Anywho, I've seen your recently installed LR3 shoes. A BMW rim could only be an improvement :rolleyes:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed...it looks better than what I've got. Unfortunately I only got ONE....for the spare. I may try to find replacement rims for those chrome (NASCAR) rims....but then again I have a good mind to just keep 'em to spite people!!!

...would powder coating them make it better John?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not John!

:)

I know they're ugly. I would have to get $300 out of them to make it worth it to sell them and get new ones. Seriously, they are on my rig less than 20 days a year; it's not worth it. I'm sportin' 6-spoke HSE rims 99% of the time.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just teasing you. Anyone who uses their LR3 gets a big thumbs up. Can't see those wheels once they are coated in mud, right? :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72