where is this goes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While removing interstate battery for charging , I discovered this hanging wire loom with connector.I think it should go into quick connect tied to another loom on the right hand side of the picture.I am not sure if I have to..it might be for something that is related to European specific vehicles? what do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 29

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It goes no where, at least any more.

From the factory, the vehicles were fitted with a battery cut off device to keep the batteries from discharging while in transport or sitting on a lot. It was electrically controlled, and that connector hooked up to it. They started adding a blanking connector to plug it into once removed at some point, but not all vehicles had that, so the plug just hangs there.

And after I made the picture larger, yes, you're correct, the plastic plug attached to the other harness is where it should reside.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave.

I have heard about transportation mode, but did not know about a by- pass harness.Now I wonder if we can use it is some way, since the wires are already there, but then again don't know where their really end.
Every time , when I open something up in LR3 ,there is a hanging wire somewhere, not connected, sitting and waiting quietly...

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't try. The cut off device is controlled by the CJB, and would connect main battery power when the hazard switch was pressed, while was more convenient then the earlier ones that the hood had to be popped, for people dealing with pre-delivery vehicles at least. However, most things were disabled when the vehicle power supply was cut, no remotes, loss of all programming, really not worth it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM