Where to buy and economical rear cargo retention net?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been searching for something like this for quite some time now: Amazon.com: Genuine Land Rover LR3 and LR4 Luggage/Load Retention Cargo Net: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31JaqQ5y5TL.@@AMEPARAM@@31JaqQ5y5TL - but donot want to spend so much $$$ for just a paracord/ bungee cord net. It does not make sense to me.

Are there more economical nets that you have bought? If so, please send me links and if you were happy with the fit and utility.

Are there other cars (such as 4Runner or Highlander) whose nets might fit my LR3?

Thanks in advance

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory one is listed as well. You can't really see the details on the one you listed, it looks interesting, I'm just not sure..

LR3 OEM Cargo Net

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither of you responding to Paula listed the same item as she showed. Her Amazon listing is the much larger, more than 2x, cargo net that covers the whole square cargo area.

I've looked for cheap sources of the "genuine" cargo nets and have found that the large one is always $150+ but the narrower one is only $26 or so - like you two listed on Ebay.

I have the large one somewhere packed away and never found it useful but the narrow one works well as a ceiling mounted net for light things I want easy access to like a rolled up towel or down jacket.

Paula. Why do you 'think' you want the large one? I ask because I bring/haul so many different types of things, practically living out of the vehicle, but have found the larger net really isn't too useful. Why? Because anything large enough to warranty it's size, is also then too heavy or not going to be safely held in by it anyway. Solutions? Alternatives? : Consider a well made multi-latching plastic bin that can either just sit there with things in it or be nested with a couple bins across so they can't even shift, or use the vehicle cargo tie loops in the floor to secure said bins or objects.

How to use the tie downs: I have done a few different things depending on the items or bin sizes, or shapes. You can get a 10 or 12 ft webbing strap with metal feed through buckle (for example so you know what I mean: http://www.backcountry.com/nrs-1in-color-coded-straps) or similar but with end hooks, or similar strap with ratcheting tightener.

The beauty of the straps + tie down loops is that they adapt to almost any size and shape whereas the $175 cargo net is useless with something too large, too small, and really only works well for something of just about the right size pretty much centered in the middle.

I've used my basic approaches for things like a 50" Plasma in it's box fitting just under the ceiling, 16" tall bins loaded with camping gear in a grid/nested layout which then became a sleeping platform, or to hold lumber from flopping around.

You can also get creative using the 3rd row ceiling grab handles and bungee cords to turn the 3rd row window "shelf" into a sort of pocket storage area for a tent, rolled sleep pads, etc.

If you REALLY want more ideas, I'll be glad to email photos. It always impresses anyone who sees inside ;)

Last edited:

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither of you responding to Paula listed the same item as she showed.
If you REALLY want more ideas, I'll be glad to email photos. It always impresses anyone who sees inside ;)

I SAID

The factory one is listed as well. You can't really see the details on the one you listed, it looks interesting, I'm just not sure..

LR3 OEM Cargo Net

It is nice to have ideas, no need to be snippy.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Her link was 100% clear to me. Sorry if it came across "snippy". I think you're being too sensitive or not getting it. There are 2 "factory" types, large square and smaller rectangle. Maybe I'm missing something ;)

Last edited:

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the larger one, can you post a picture of it. I have the smaller one, which based on my e-mail exchange would be fine for the grocery story runs. Something that mounts the same on the floor of the boot to hold down suitcases, etc. is what she is looking for... and I might like to have a heavier duty one as well.

Anyway, Paula - I find it for 123.00 here for you..

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, my larger one is packed away somewhere. It looks just like that Amazon link though, pretty much, probably 36"x36" +/-

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635