Where's the leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This seems electrical in nature, a bad ground or a loose connection somewhere. I know this has been said before but I'll say it again, get an IID tool it will give you much more information about what is going on. You can also manually control different components of the EAS. Also you can flash the computer with the AMK software and not have to take it to the dealer. My guess is you would have been money ahead if you had gotten it when your problems first started.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, probably...
Those 500 usd seemed like far more than what the indy, or the dealer for that matter, would charge in mexican pesos to do the job. Had I been aware that they were SO incompetent I'd gotten the iidtool n the first place.

In 6 months' time I'll be moving to England so I'm not sure if wasting more money on this rubbish suspension (which IMO is a very poor and unnecessarily complex design) is worth it, I am thinking of selling this and buying a Defender up there heheheh.
Dealer should flash it for free, I just have not had time to go to there, shipping times to Mexico are absolute rubbish so if I order the IIDTool today, I'll be getting it in about 15 days' time if I'm lucky

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can understand your angst, but the EAS is not rubbish. It's complex, yes, but it works brilliantly when functional and has been by and large more rugged than anyone ever thought. YOUR; however, seems snakebit. Your location has not helped nor has not having an IIDTool.

I say sell it, and buy a Defender in 6 months.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mate, the complexity of it is genuinely pointless and makes it prone to a MASSIVE amount of failures, compressor, valves, ecu, struts, air lines, connections, cables, oh my woow.

Rugged ? perhaps but absolutely fragile if compared to a solid axle or normal independent coils... I'm going to England for a bit over a year so if I do decide to buy the Defender I'd import it to Mexico after and if the mechanics here cannot fix a car that is sold in this country. I do not want to imagine what they'd do with say a 110 td5, I will have to think seriously about that...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that compared to a solid axle it's very much less bullet-proof. I can't say how much of the mechanics and electronics of the EAS are pointless, because it all seems to work. What I can say, though, is that your perspective on it is (understandably) jaded.

I'm not saying it is totally trouble-free for everyone but you. I'm saying that your experience is extreme though, and not the norm. So your opinion of the EAS matches your own unfortunate dealings with it, but in general the system is better than that.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72