Which brake pads and rotors to use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

desmo118

Hi, I need to replace my brake pads. I've talked to some mechanics and they say that you can only use OEM parts due to aftermarket pads overheating. I'd like to know if this is true. Also, what aftermarket pads can be used?While I was at it I thought that I'd replace the rotors as well. I thought that maybe some slotted rotors would work well. I have a '99 D2 with 66000 miles. Bought it with 36K with new brake pads but not sure about the rotors. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Tim

D

discomike

I also have a 99 D2 and if you are looking for more stopping power, short of up grading to 03 calipers, the best combination I have found, and use are DBA slotted and drilled rotores and Kevlar pads fro Atlantin British. AB also has a set of rotor that may be slightly less money, I hear they are pretty good.
When you make the change, consider replacing the rubber brake line to steel and do a complete fluid flush using synthetic brake fluid, huge difference afterwards.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins