Whistling sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody
I herring whistling sound at speed 25-35mph.
Sound is so low after 35 mph disappear from engine noise.
Do enybady have similar problem.
05 LR3 have 55 000 mile.
Does belt pulley make similar sound ???
Thanks

Bad Bonez BJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody
05 LR3 have 55 000 mile.
Thanks

My whrrrring sound is between 55-60. Sounds like a wind blowing over a pipe. Can't find it either.

BJ

Bad Bonez BJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody
05 LR3 have 55 000 mile.
Thanks

My whrrrring sound is between 55-60. Sounds like a wind blowing over the open end of a pipe or bottle. Can't find it either.

BJ

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do some swerving at 35 to 40. If the sound gets louder in one direction and quieter in the other then it could be a wheel bearing. You can also rotate your tires and see if it moves.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear mine at 75 or so. But I just turn my stereo up!

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had any work done on your sunroof?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had to seperate wind/speed related issues. First and single most annoying is the roof rack. I got rid of the factory cross bars almost immediatly after buying the rig and got a set of Yakima towers/bars. The wind whistles under the control tower and through the track. The solve for this is to simply place a piece of foam under the control tower and in the track to disrupt the airflow. The second is caused while driving at speed and with a crosswind. This problem comes from the exterior A-piller trim on the passenger side for me. I believe this is happening because the clips do not secure it to the body tight enough. This one doesn't happen very often so I have just been living with it for know.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had to seperate wind/speed related issues. First and single most annoying is the roof rack. I got rid of the factory cross bars almost immediatly after buying the rig and got a set of Yakima towers/bars. The wind whistles under the control tower and through the track. The solve for this is to simply place a piece of foam under the control tower and in the track to disrupt the airflow. The second is caused while driving at speed and with a crosswind. This problem comes from the exterior A-piller trim on the passenger side for me. I believe this is happening because the clips do not secure it to the body tight enough. This one doesn't happen very often so I have just been living with it for know.

When I first got my '05 LR3, I had the second issue you describe. The LR3 was in warranty at the time and the dealership fixed it very quickly when the truck was in for a service--new clips/tighter fit/no noise.

Hap

Reaction score
I'll second trm2 and ryan. My '06 whistles like crazy now that the l/h side a pillar trim blew off :biggrin:

looks like new clips and some double sided sticky foam will fix it right up.

Hap

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9