Whistling while heat is on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jpperry

I have recently purchased a 2001 Discovery Series II with about 63,000 miles on it. I have just started using the heat, and when it gets warm it will whistle while I accelerate or when I go over a bump. It almost sounds like electronic interference coming through the speakers but I imagine this is not the case. It is a very high pitch, almost whining noise. This does not occur when the A/C is on.

Also, when I don't have the climate control on and I want cool air to come through the vents what do I need to do?

Thanks.

Joe

C

capthook

Joe - I can't ever seem to get cool air to come through the vents of my DII if the climate control system is switched off.. nothing but warm air vented from the engine comes in after you turn it off. As far as the sound goes on the A/C, that is sort of wierd that when you turn on the A/C the sound goes away... check your fluid res. levels and for a leak with the hood open follow the sound

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also getting the whistle or whine but for me I know it is electronic interference. Any time an electric motior is on (power windows, blower fan etc.) I hear the whine. If the blower is on low the whine increases in pitch as I accelerate I really doesn't bother me but with anything in the Disco, I am afraid if I don't find the cause something worse will happen.

What is the cause? Alternator resistor? Ignition wires?

Anyone?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635