Why do people buy these things?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Unreliable,poor build quality,ergonmic nightmare,almost no positive reviews on used car sites,did I mention poor quality plastic,money pit,tempermental,poor power to weight,poor gas mileage,oddball electronics,will drive you nuts troubleshooting,makes you learn a whole new vocabulary... @%$# &$&&$ *&^$%$#ck,can drain a wallet faster than having two girlfriends,every trip is a stress test wondering if you will make it................................................ .................................................. .................................................. ..........
SO I looked at one and bought it, 04 white with black interior. Sigh why oh why, paid way too much but it's clean and tidy with no leaks(yes it has fluids in it) and everything works.. I look at the Discovery as being about the last of the old generation of trucks and barring some electronic bugs which can be gotten around with the right equipment it is a fairly basic machine that can be worked on by most people with the right knowledge of which there is a lot of here and on other websites.
I have owned odd cars before with the worst being a Renault Fuego Turbo LOL but have had all Hondas for the last twenty years, all of which have gone 150k+ with NO problems and minimal maintainace..
But now I'm 50 with a little extra time and money I have decided my life needs a little excitement and being originally from the UK the Landy fits the bill.
I do some dualsport riding so I like playing in the mud and mountains and that is where the Disco will be headed.
Hopefully I will be able to contribute as much as needing help here and already I have learned much from the forum both from the answers and questions that I would not have thought of.
I live north of Tampa FL not far from Richloam and Ocala NF and I have spotted a few LR's in the woods when riding so hopfully it will not be to long before I am out there too.
Regards Andy

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People buy these things because of mental illness which is caused by rovers disease. Rovers disease is more likely to be contracted by those who prefer utilitarian, capable things with a boxy shape that also are fairly comfortable. Unfortunately no cure is known, but large doses of frustration and bankruptcy have been known to control the symptoms.

Reaction score
LOL
a2uzaty6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

aj22

Reaction score
People buy these things because of mental illness which is caused by rovers disease. Rovers disease is more likely to be contracted by those who prefer utilitarian, capable things with a boxy shape that also are fairly comfortable. Unfortunately no cure is known, but large doses of frustration and bankruptcy have been known to control the symptoms.

:smile:

:eek:

Indeed. I've heard horror stories, and love stories. It's only been a couple of months and 2500 miles, but man, I really like this beast! Knock on wood, no issues yet!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Reaction score
8y3a8ybu.jpg

Well it must be love LOL sigh 1st week and a water pump ☺

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like any high maintenance woman. She demands attention, is expensive and throws a fit once in awhile.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Water pump, remember only 20ft lbs of torque or it will leak internally and hydrolock your engine.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure where those specs came from... the D1/D2 is either a 3.9/4.0/4.6 all variants of the same engine not a 5.0. And yes 20 ft lbs torque...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM