Will 2003-2005 RR wheels fit on LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the Land/Range Rover wheels I have encountered (2000+) have always had a center bore of 72.6 mm

2004 and older Discovery do not. People found this out when they wanted to put 18's on lr3's. However, similar to how my 2004 disco can use older p38 wheels which are identical bore, new LR3 was able to use some older Range Rover wheels.

Obviously the issue there is when the cutoff starts. It appears after p38 is ok? But with some lug nut caveats.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah sorry I should have been more clear: all Range Rovers from 2000ish UP and LR3/LR4 have the same center bore. Discovery 2 wheels are a no go.

Older RR wheels are great as winter sets as they tuck in the tire a little more (preventing spray) but still work fine as long as stock sizes are used. Plus the quality over the cheap aftermarket stuff is noticeable.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not entirely correct. I have been running 2004 19" 6 spoke RR rims on my 2012 LR4 without any issues for the past two winters. You just need the old style lug nuts for them.
Update on this topic: ishapiro is correct, the 2004-vintage 19" 6-spoke Range Rover wheels shown in post #1 do indeed fit the LR4, no spacers required to clear the brakes. I bolted them on for a test drive and they were fine. As mentioned, RR-specific lug nuts are required because the RR wheels have a smaller diameter lug hole, and the LR4 lug nuts are too large to fit. I tried to find a set of used nuts on eBay for months to no avail, and finally gave up and bought a set of new aftermarket lug nuts from eBay vendor "lrparts", LR part number RRD000011. $75/set delivered, click here. I'll get some photos of the aftermarket nuts and post them here.

Still looking for info on the related question - will the early RR wheels accept the LR4 TPMS? Alternately, if I run the RR wheels without any TPMS, will I have to deal with a nuisance warning in the instrument cluster?

I'm also trying to figure out snow tire options. There are not many choices available in a studless design for the 19" LR4 sizes. At the moment I'm tossed up between the Blizzak DM-V2, or the Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run winters without TPMS. on 2005 vintage 6 spoke RR wheels (These will accept the standard LR4 wheel lugs) You will get an initial message on startup then it goes away. Nothing wrong with the DM-V2. There is also Pirelli Winter which are good.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running Pirelli Ice and Snow 235 65 R18 XL 110H on my 18" Land Rover ten spoke rims for my winter tyres; Bridgestone Dueler Alenza HL 255 55 R19 11V XL for summer on my six spoke 19" rims.

Note for winter, that I used narrower taller rubber, but on 18", not 19" as I think you are looking for.

The 18" Pirelli's seem to work for me - had them on since the winter of 2012.

Pirelli Ice & Snow 235 65 R18 XL 110H tyre sticker and tread.JPG

Pirelli Ice & Snow 235 65 R18 XL on 18 inch ten spoke rim showing Scorpion.JPG

Pirelli Ice & Snow 235 65 R18 XL on 18 inch ten spoke rim.JPG

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Pirelli Ice and Snow were a decent tire but have been discontinued for a few years now. The Pirelli winter that superseded them are better as the Ice and Snow is at least a 15 year old design/technology. That being said it is really hard to beat the DM-V2 and you can get them from Costco with the rebate.

Huy Tran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to be off topic but just wanted to let y'all know that "lrparts" on eBay that gsxr is talking about is actually Lucky8. I just got some suspension parts from them a few days ago and sure enough the invoice had their logo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72