Will maf sensor shut off D2 at highway speed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

sledmaker

I've been having this trouble since I bought the 03 D2 with 38k. Problem is most prevalent when temp is 80 or above, almost no problem when cold out. Highway speed usually but not always, there may be a momentary tug prior, or not, then engine shuts off completely, dash lights all come on. Starter spins motor just fine, but no start. Open hood, wait 10-15 minutes, then restart and runs as if nothing had happened. Dealer replaced fuel pump and crank sensor, but said these were best guesses, as no codes were stored. Can I really be the only 03 D2 in the country with this problem?

The dealer has new people now and the tech said that my maf is bad and that is causing the problem. Can that be true? Won't a bad maf just trigger a default code and keep running?
My fear is that the problem was never actually found. It is out of warranty now and has 80k.

Your thoughts?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635