window/door issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonylowson

Reaction score
i was getting out of my 02 disco the other day,and the wind blew my door
open really hard,and ever since i can hear the wind blowing very loud,and water is now
leaking down the driver side door..i read that noise is a common issue,but it was perfect
before that happened..any advice?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the hinge got bent... if you are not sure how, I would suggest you find a good body shop and have them adjust the door/hinges.

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it the rear cargo door, if it is just get new ones. no amount of adjusting will fix bent ones.

if its the front ones you might be able to adjust a bit. just loosen up the bolts yourself and move the door around and make sure the gap is correct. use the other side as a guide. you will probably have to adjust the striker as well to pull the door in the correct level.

most if not all adjustments on a disco can be done by a competent DIY its just basically eyeballing it.

trust me we do adjustments and hinges all the time cause our bodyshop wont do warrantee work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM