Window Heater - Fuse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to pass this along for posterity. Half my windshield defroster went kaput just in time for the recent ice storm. Apparently, it's a fuse issue, not a window issue. I went to replace the fuse myself, but the dealer advised against it. I took it to them and it was fixed in 20 minutes.

So, if your front defroster goes, try this fix first.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a SSM for this. SSM62417... I had the passenger side go out. They swapped both fuses for a 40amp fuse.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posting the SSM for posterity...

Reference SSM62417
Models Range Rover Sport / L320
LR4 / L319
Title Heated Front Screen does not demist/ clear
Category Electrical
Last modified 23-Jan-2013 00:00:00
Symptom 205000 Electrical Accessories
Content

Issue: A customer may report that the Heated Front Screen does not demist/ clear when selected on 12/13MY only LR4/Discovery 4/ Range Rover Sport

Cause: The Heated Front Screen fuses located in the engine compartment fuse box may be inoperative. The fuse value will shortly be increased to a 40amp rating for both Heated Front Screen fuses.

Action: If any of the Heated Front Screen fuses are found to be inoperative and following circuit tests there does not appear to be an issue with the electrical wiring, fit 2 new 40amp rated fuses and re-check the operation of the Heated Front Screen. If it now operates correctly leave the 40Amp fuses in place otherwise continue with diagnosis as guided by Symptom Driven Diagnostics.

A Technical Service Bulletin will be launched shortly, detailing a service kit containing 2x 40amp and associated fuse box label. In the meantime fit the fuses only part number LR030046.

As far as I know, a TSB was never launched. Perhaps the problem was not as extensive as Land Rover initially feared.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger side keeps blowing 40 fuses and there was some melting (fuse) and it was hard to remove so for now I am leaving well enough alone until the glass is pulled again. Obviously there is a serious short in there somewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM