Window Regulator part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked on the rover this weekend, and as I fixed it other parts break. Funny how rovers work sometimes. The piece that I have to find is a small plastic wheel that goes inside of the rail on the rear window. I am not sure if I can find a place that sells just that wheel. It just broke in half. I am afraid they will make me buy the whole setup. Anyone know if there is a place where I can find the small little white plastic wheel that fits inside the rail on the D1 windows?

A

amg61

Slam said:
I worked on the rover this weekend, and as I fixed it other parts break. Funny how rovers work sometimes. The piece that I have to find is a small plastic wheel that goes inside of the rail on the rear window. I am not sure if I can find a place that sells just that wheel. It just broke in half. I am afraid they will make me buy the whole setup. Anyone know if there is a place where I can find the small little white plastic wheel that fits inside the rail on the D1 windows?

Slam: did you ever find that white plastic piece? if so, where? mine is cracked in half, still sitting in two pieces in the track. i need one BADLY, it's getting cold outside. the link above by Yo!Adrian does not work. if i find that piece, is it easy to swap the broken one out of the track and connect the new one to the moving metal arm that moves along that track? Also, my window was stuck in the down position and the motor arm is somehow stuck straight up. the splines on the wheel won't let me move the arm back down into position and i think i'll have to take the motor/regulator out to fix this. i have the soft door cover and plastic sheeting off, but what bolts do i take off to take the regulator out, attach the new plastic piece and then get it back hooked up into the track????

thanks.

A

amg61

Well, I guess i figured it all out. I found a great article in the tech section of www.discoweb.org entitled "Rear window regulator". Seems that guy had the same problem as I did, and his fix worked for me, too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM