Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my car for one year (in a low rain, low snow year), and the driver side blade just fell apart. Took it back to the dealership and they happily replaced it for the low, low price of $32. That's for ONE wiper, not a set.

Another lovely LR touch.

R

roggen

On my 99 D1 I put on a set of Silblades all the way around. I loved them. Had them for 5 years and they were as good as the day I put them on. I will be getting them again when it is time to replace the blades on the LR3. I got them from Expedition Exchange. Something like $18 a blade. But they have a 5 year guarantee, and they deffinitly lasted that long. Just picked up the LR3 over the long 4th weekend.

ayates

Reaction score
Blades again

Having read the thread as one of my blades "melted" in the Texas heat last week, it looks as if I would be best getting hold of a set of Bosch Icon 22" blades for the front and 16" microedge for the rear. Before I go and find these can someone confirm that this will be a good combination.

Cheers,

Adrian

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
I Have the Icon and Microedge on mine and love them. I also put a set on my wife Infiniti.

L

lr3junkie

ayates said:
Having read the thread as one of my blades "melted" in the Texas heat last week, it looks as if I would be best getting hold of a set of Bosch Icon 22" blades for the front and 16" microedge for the rear. Before I go and find these can someone confirm that this will be a good combination.

Cheers,

Adrian

Had them on now for 5 months without any problems.

bLuLRIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lr3junkie said:
I just picked up set of Bosch Icon blades for the front, and the Bosch Microedge for the rear. They work very well, plus they hug the curves of the windshield without any streaks. If you decide to go this route, make sure you get the A&B blades as they are designed for the drivers and passenger side. 22' for each side.

Thanks lr3junkie! Can anyone else confirm that the Bosch Icon's work? I need to get some and am NOT going to pay $72 for 2 front blades from the dealer. YES - thats right - Seventy freakin two dollars!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 15 months of ownership and 26.5K miles, I'm still on my original set. The trick? Well, I don't know if this is beneath any of you, but I had the same problem others reported with the wiper part of the rubber coming free from the base part of the blade. Makes no sense, the blade was fine... ...anyway, some contact cement took care of it.

Did one, 10,000 miles later the same thing happened to the driver s side wiper, so I hit that one with contact cement as well. They're both holding fine and work great....after all, they're $72 wiper blades, right? :) (plus the $3 for a can of contact cement)

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
bLuLRIII said:
Thanks lr3junkie! Can anyone else confirm that the Bosch Icon's work? I need to get some and am NOT going to pay $72 for 2 front blades from the dealer. YES - thats right - Seventy freakin two dollars!

Grendal_fly said:
I Have the Icon and Microedge on mine and love them. I also put a set on my wife Infiniti.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough . I have the Icon and Microedge on my LR3 and Love them....

bLuLRIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lr3junkie said:
I just picked up set of Bosch Icon blades for the front, and the Bosch Microedge for the rear. They work very well, plus they hug the curves of the windshield without any streaks. If you decide to go this route, make sure you get the A&B blades as they are designed for the drivers and passenger side. 22' for each side.
Is that A for the Drivers... and B for the Passenger side? I cant not dee the difference on each of these. I also can only find 1 A and 1 B at my local store. But I put an A on the passenger side.. looks OK... I was going to get another A when they came in..but I can get the B. Do you know where you found out what the Bosch recommends for the Icons..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak